Terms of Service
Last Modified: December 1, 2020
Acceptance of These Terms
By being a Subscriber of the Program, you accept the Terms. If you do not accept the Terms, please cancel your account.
Changes to These Terms
From time to time, Fitter Law may modify these Terms. If such a modification is made, Fitter Law will notify You by email. Any changes to these Terms will only apply after the date of any such change.
By joining the Program, you will have an attorney-client relationship with Fitter Law. An attorney-client relationship will not be formed until you have made payment; ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY FREE TIERS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES THAT WE MAY PROVIDE AT OUR DISCRETION. If you terminate your subscription of the Program, the attorney-client relationship will end.
Fitter Law has an ethical obligation to keep your information confidential. Unless you give your express, written permission, your attorney will only communicate with you directly about your legal matters.
To be eligible for the Fitter Law Subscription Program, you must be at least 18 years of age. Fitter Law has the right to reject anyone for any reason, or for no reason at all. If you have a conflict of interest with a current client (as solely determined by Fitter Law), you will not be able to subscribe to the Program.
Program Terms and Conditions
- Unlimited attorney phone calls: You get unlimited phone calls with an attorney on new legal matters. The determination of what qualifies as a new legal matter shall be solely at the discretion of your attorney. Additional consultations on a previously covered matter shall be covered under this section at our discretion. Phone calls must be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
- Unlimited document reviews: You get unlimited document reviews of documents up to twenty-five pages; a contract page is qualified as a page, in which the text is in regular, 12-point typeface font with standard margins. The reviewing attorney will provide you with a summary of any legal issues or concerns about the document. Revisions or alterations to the document, and negotiations on your behalf are not covered under this section. Document reviews in purchase, sale, or spinoff of business transactions, or anticipation thereof, are not covered under this section.
- Content Library: You get access to a content library of annotated documents and legal guides. As a condition of your subscription in the Program you agree to not share or distribute this content and to only use it for your own purposes.
- Flat-fee Custom Contract Drafting: You get custom contracts drafted for a flat-fee; price shall depend on the type, depth of research required, and complication of the contract you may require, and whether you want us to negotiate the terms on your behalf. If we draft the contract we will provide you with pre-litigation support against your opposing party, which is limited to drafting and sending a demand or collection notice, and follow-up phone calls; a limitation shall be placed on our efforts to continue the pre-litigation support, at our discretion, if we decide, in our objective, professional opinion, that litigation may be necessary to enforce the contract terms. You shall be responsible for expenses, such as delivery or mailing costs.
- Registered Agent Service: If you are registered in Illinois, you get, at your discretion, our registered agent services at no extra charge. We will receive and forward any legal or government correspondence that we receive on your behalf. We will also file your annual compliance documents to the state. For Registered Agent Services in any other state, we will charge you a fee of $100 per year. You will be responsible for all applicable governmental fees. We may use a third-party provider of our choice to provide some or all of the Registered Agent Services. You authorize us to receive service of process on your behalf. We may forward physical mail (at additional expense to you) or scan and email the legal mail to you. This will not be the mailing address for your business or to be listed as your place of business.
- Access to Attorney Network: You will have access to our Attorney Network, subject to availability of an affiliated attorney that is able to help you. We will refer you to an affiliated attorney for any services that we are unable to provide you, at our discretion.
- Access to Partner Network and Discounts on Software: We may offer you access to products and services from various partners based on the information you provide to us or upon your request. In many cases, we will receive compensation from such partners for referring you to them. While we may refer you to such partners, you are solely responsible to decide whether such products or services are beneficial to your company.
Fitter Law, nor any attorneys affiliated with Fitter Law, agree to represent you in any case, proceeding, arbitration, mediation or similar legal matter, unless we have separately agreed in a separate Engagement Letter; there is no guarantee that we will agree to represent you in every case. We may agree to charge you hourly, a flat fee, on a contingency basis, or use a hybrid model, at our discretion. If such legal action becomes necessary and Fitter Law is unable to represent you in the litigation matter, Fitter Law will work with you to secure appropriate counsel at our discretion, but you are also free to choose any attorney that suits your needs.
Fitter Law provides no guarantee as to results of any action or action taken on your behalf. All legal advice is provided strictly in an advisory capacity, based on the information that you have provided.
The Program fee shall be a retainer and deemed earned when received. The purpose of the fee is to secure your attorney’s availability over the period covered by the fee. You will be charged automatically each month based on the date you signed up, until you cancel.
You are free to cancel at any time. The easiest way is to log in to your account and cancel; or, you can email [email protected] and we will cancel for you.
Additional Services and Expenses
Additional services shall be rendered to Subscribers at the Firm’s prevailing rates. You agree to pay for any agreed-upon services when invoiced. You also agree to pay for any agreed-upon expenses or fees incurred on your behalf.
You may cancel your account for any reason, at any time. Refunds are given solely at Fitter Law’s discretion. Fitter Law also has the right to terminate your account at any time, for any reason. If your payment cannot be processed, Fitter Law retains the right to immediately terminate.
Third Party Products and Services
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES
YOU AGREE THAT FITTER LAW’S ENTIRE COMULATIVE LIABILITY AND ITS SUPPLIERS FOR ANY REASON ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO US FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION OF THE FITTER LAW SUBSCRIPTION PROGRAM THE TWO (2) MONTH PERIOD THE DATE THE CLAIM AROSE.
We reserve the right to assign this Agreement, at our discretion, without your permission. You may not transfer or assign this Agreement or any of the benefits hereof without written consent from us.
Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to limit your right to retain another attorney, at your own expense.
These Terms are the only agreement relating to your subscription in The Creators’ Legal Program. If you engage Counsel for Creators for legal services beyond those provided in The Creators’ Legal Program, those services will be governed by a separate engagement letter.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall be removed from the Terms without affecting the remaining provisions.
Dispute Resolution and Jurisdiction
If a dispute arises relating to any aspect of these Terms between you and Fitter Law and if the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, you agree to discuss in good faith the use of mediation before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or any other dispute resolution procedure.
The Terms are governed by, and must be interpreted under, Illinois law, and any court proceedings relating to this agreement must be instituted in Cook County.
Authority to Enter Agreement
You represent that you have the legal authority to bind the company or other legal entity for which this Agreement is being entered into. The terms “you/your” or ‘Subscriber” shall refer to the company or legal entity and not any individual, unless the individual is a sole proprietor active in business.
Note for Non-Illinois Subscribers
Although anyone can join The Fitter Law Subscription Program, it works best for people in the State of Illinois, where Fitter Law is headquartered and licensed to practice law. For Subscribers in other states, Fitter Law will only be able to provide legal advice regarding copyrights, trademarks and other issues involving federal law.
We may email you a survey request to review our service. This helps improve how we serve our clients. If you complete the survey or submit a review, your opinions may be posted, in whole or in part, on our website or used in marketing material. Your reviews may be accompanied by limited identifying information, such as your first name, last initial, and company name.